Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of its characters. This is probably my second attempt to write a Sailor Moon fic. It's an AU fic, about a young French princess (guess who?) who is on a journey to Louisiana to meet her betrothed, except things don't go as they were planned on her way there. Please R and R! The Pirate and the Princess Chapter 1 "There are many girls who yearn all their lives to live as a princess, but they do not know what a cumbersome task it truly is. The element known as privacy does not exist in the princess world; every second your actions are observed and evaluated. There are so many tales of princesses finding their true loves and such, I shall tell you now diary they are all fantasy and hold not one bit of truth. The life of the princess is such- you are born, trained, and then wed off to some man that you may not even know, and you spend your whole life trying to please every one else with your courtly manner. ~ Lady Serenity of France" Serenity looked over once more what she had written in her silk covered diary and then gently closed it and hit it under the loose floorboard in her room. Her whole life was contained within that diary, and if anyone ever read it, she knew it would mean trouble for her. Tomorrow, she would have to leave the kingdom she had always called home. Her father had arranged her marriage with a very wealthy man in Louisiana, she had no idea what he looked like or if he had any of the qualities she dreamed of in a man. They were to meet and then come back to France for their wedding, and after that there was no clue where she might end up with him. She was the king's only child, so as so she would become the next ruler of France- she never forgot that fact, her tutors would remind her every second of her life. "Come on princess," it was Miss Ami, the woman who had trained her most of her life. The relationship between them hadn't been like most princesses and tutors where the tutor teaches and the princess acts like some spoiled brat, which leads to a lot of fighting and disagreements. They were more like friends, than anything else. Miss Ami had been one that she could always confide in. "Princess," Miss Ami stated, "you better go to bed tomorrow is a big day." "You'll be coming with me, right?" Serenity asked trying to hide the hope in her voice. Miss Ami sighed shaking her head. She embraced the princess smiling sadly, "I'm going to miss you very much, but you'll come home soon after you meet, or so I hope." "But Miss Ami," the princess started to protest but Ami stopped her. "You must learn to let go of your life here, you will one day be queen. And for now you need to rest," Ami waved goodbye and headed out the door. Serenity sighed, she sincerely hoped that it wouldn't be the last time the two saw each other. She slightly yawned and then changed into her light blue nightgown. Her golden blond hair had been up in two buns with ponytails all day and she was glad to take them down. Before laying down to rest she looked into the mirror to sum up her looks one last time. Her dark blue eyes were filled with sadness; it would be the last time for a long time that she would stare into this mirror. Serenity lay down in her comfortable bed and cried herself to sleep that night, with the knowledge that tomorrow she would have to head off to a land that was alien to her to stay with a man she had never met. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< The warm light of the dawning sun only brought coldness to young Serenity's heart as she stood on a pier surrounded by her court ready to send her off. Her mother, dazzling in a gem robe came over and hugged her for the last time. Her father was smiling a genuine smile and waving; everyone was happy for her except herself. Miss Ami could not come forward because only the king and queen would get to greet the last farewell. Putting on a fake smile she boarded the ship and headed off to meet the man that she would one day have to call her husband. The condition on the ship was very mannerly and pleasant until they were far from shore. Then, surprisingly Serenity discovered that the crew was in reality quite rude and pushy. There was perhaps only one man on the ship that showed her any respect, the young ship boy by the name of Andrew. He would always bring her food and water and sit up with her long into the night and tell her the tales of the sea. One night he spoke of the loch ness monster, another he spoke of mermaids, at this rate the time passed very quickly and they came closer and closer to Louisiana. On that fateful night, he was telling about the greatest pirate in the parts known as Marauder Mamoru. "He's a plundering pirate unlike any other, he takes no captives and has never been reported to kill a soul," Andrew explained pushing back his blond hair. Above neck, they could hear some shuffling of feet and then the cacophony of guns pierced the night sky. Andrew ran above deck and came back his face as white as a ghost's. "Pirates," he choked out, "Mamoru's band to be precise." "I thought you said they don't kill anyone!" Serenity shouted noting the sounds of guns. "That's our crew firing at them," Andrew reassured, "yet they are fast and we haven't been able to hit down even one of them! I better go help my crew!" "No don't leave me!" Serenity started to say, yet it was too late he had already left. In fear she hid under her white covers hoping that if the pirates decided to come downstairs they would not see her. Her hair cascaded all around her, since she had already taken it down in preparation for bed. She heard footsteps coming down the stairs into her small cabin under the deck and prayed that it was Andrew. "See any loot down here?" one of the voices asked. "Maybe they hid it under the bed," the other man suggested. Serenity felt her heart skip a beat; surely they would find her. One of the men raised the covers off and smiled at the young girl. "I think boss will be surprised if we take him this gem," the man with the long white hair stated. The other man who had long blond hair in a ponytail nodded and picked Serenity up. Serenity wasn't about to leave without a struggle, yet her efforts were only in vain. Finally, the white haired man knocked her out and she was carried away to the pirate's ship. Well, there it is my second Sailor Moon fic, but my first Sailor Moon AU fic. Pleaaaaaseee R and R, I really need feedback to know whether I should continue.