Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon. Konnichiwa minna-san! I've been gone the last few days for a Baha'i conference in Milwaukee (loads of fun). That would explain why my normal updating routine of updating as much as I can had been kind been broken. Yeah, the last chapter was kind of short, possibly because I wrote an hour before I was going to Milwaukee (I was supposed to be having breakfast, but I'm sure I could have lived without that). Anyways, here is chapter three, enjoy and please R and R. The Pirate and the Princess Chapter 3: Investigating Mamoru took off his raven colored cape and laid it on the chair in his room. His room was the deepest one in the cavern they used as a base, and no one could ever enter unless they had his permission. (Speaking of caves, I went to one in Missouri as we drove back from Milwaukee, but then again, I'm sure you didn't really want to know that.) The stalactites hanging from the ceiling were very decorative, but sometimes Mamoru felt that he was very lonely here in this cavern with no one to talk to but his men. It wasn't that his men weren't good company, in fact they were the finest men he had seen; it was just that with his men, he had to act the part of the cunning pirate leader and so he was unable to confide to them his deepest thoughts. He lay down on his bed in an effort to relax. The bed that had been given to him three years ago after a glorious plunder on a Spanish ship. He recalled very well that day; it had been the day that he realized that he had become a legend and had started upon a path on which he could not turn back. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Kunzite walked up to Serenity with a platter of cooked fish and rice. He handed it to her along with some utensils and Serenity wasted no time digging in. Though, outside it was the middle of the night most likely hunger had consumed her and she ate quickly without a thought to what could have been put in the food. Both Kunzite and Zoicite watched her in confusion and could feel sweat trickling down their foreheads. Serenity finished her meal in less than a minute and looked up at the two men with a smile of contentment. She almost felt like asking for more, except that she was utterly exhausted. "Do you people sleep around here?" Serenity asked trying not to come off as sarcastic. "Are you tired?" Kunzite asked. Serenity nodded yawning slightly. "In that case, I'll bring you a pillow and you can sleep here," Kunzite answered. Serenity winced; ladies should not be forced to sleep on the floor, yet she was too tired to protest. Kunzite left and returned shortly with a stiff pillow. Serenity laid her head on it and dozed off quickly despite the horrible sleeping condition. As soon as she was deep asleep the two men began to talk. "The way she eats there won't be enough fish left in the sea to feed her," Zoicite joked. "Perhaps taking her captive was a mistake," Kunzite answered, "but boss seems to be getting awfully lonely and I thought some company other than us might cheer him up." "We're pirates! Not babysitters or psychiatrists," Zoicite reminded him. "I know, I know, but on the other hand she might not turn out to be so bad," Kunzite commented. "Oh, I see, you like her for yourself!" Zoicite smiled slyly at his discovery. "Of course not!" Kunzite declared, "I brought him for the boss, and that's all there is to it!" "To be completely honest," Zoicite said, "she's actually quite breathtaking." Serenity stirred slightly, hushing both the men up. Little did they know, though, that their captive was a very acute listener and could hear even while asleep. Serenity had to keep herself from smiling lest they figure out she had eavesdropped on their conversation. "Come on Zoicite," Kunzite motioned for them to leave, "we better go see what boss is up to." As soon as the two men left Serenity perked up, the desire to sleep had been replaced by sudden curiosity. She stood up and gently smoothed out her nightgown, she hoped they had stole her suit case or else she'd be stuck waltzing around in her night gown for as long as she stayed with them. She walked down the corridor that the two men had walked from, being sure to remain as silent as possible. Now and then she would almost trip over a stalagmite, yet she always regained her footing. The corridor forked off in two directions, now the question was: Which direction should she go? She looked to the left, and then she looked to the right. Torches hung on the walls of both sides casting an eerie light upon the cave. She closed her eyes and started to spin pointing her finger out. Her dress and hair twirled about her and when she opened her eyes her index finger was pointing the same direction she had come from. "Some help that was," Serenity mumbled to herself not about to go back to where she had been before. Finally after much mulling she decided to go through the right corridor, and perhaps later she could investigate the left corridor. She stumbled through the cave; the ground was slippery from the continuously dripping water from the stalactites above. At the end of the corridor she could see a brighter light, and she wondered whether that was the room of one of the pirates. Curiosity got the better of her, and she found herself inching closer and closer to the room all the while keeping quiet. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Mamoru had been trouble sleeping the past few nights, and tonight wasn't the exception. He tossed and turned; yet his efforts to doze off were all in vain. He pulled out a book that he had gained from a recent plunder- Tales of Shakespeare. He was able to read very well, though he could not recall exactly when he learned to read. His childhood memories had been a blur, he did not know his real name, nor did he know if he ever had a family. Those facts alone bothered him greatly, but since he was an infamous pirate he had to hide all his weaknesses. This Shakespeare really had caught his interest for in most of his tales he spoke of something known as love, which interested Mamoru very much. He couldn't remember ever feeling that sensation that the author described, though it seemed silly at times, for love would lead the characters to do foolish things. Despite that, he started to yearn to know exactly what this emotion was. As he turned to his favorite story- Romeo and Juliet, he heard some rustling outside of the door. He ignored the sound saying it was his imagination but the rustling grew louder and more intent. Finally, he put the book down and decided to investigate. Ok, I know this chapter might have been kinda short, but I feel like I really needed to get another chapter out even if it was short. Please R and R ^_~