Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon. Ok, I'm going to post again! YAY for me (not really) Alright, here it is. Read and Enjoy! The Pirate and the Princess Chapter 4: A Gift (You know, it's really hard naming these chapters) Serenity was at the threshold of the chamber from which a bright light was flooding out. She knew that her constant stumbling caused quite a bit of noise but she prayed that no one would hear her. Her heart lept, she could hear someone walking towards her, she came to quickly leave but instead she slipped and fell right into the arms of the pirate leader who had came to see what the source of noise had been. "What is this I have caught?" he asked himself rather amused. Serenity quickly stood up, blushing a crimson red. Her flowing blond hair covered her cheeks, hiding her embarrassment. "Isn't it a bit late for a lady such as yourself to be up?" Mamoru questioned, "there are many wild animals in this cave that prowl at night, so you better be careful or else you might fall victim to one of them." A smile broke across his lips. "Oh really?" Serenity answered nonchalantly mustering her courage, "if that is so, then why do you stay here?" "Because they only go after beautiful young ladies," he replied meekly. "Where the heck did that response come from?" he thought reprimanding himself for his foolishness. Serenity blushed even more so, and gently pushed back her hair making it evident. "Seriously, why aren't you asleep," he interrogated the joking tone now vanished. "Is it a sin not to be able to fall asleep?" Serenity answered lightly. "I supposed not," he smiled once more running his hand through his midnight black hair, "I couldn't sleep either." The feeling this girl was giving him seemed so new and odd to him. "I was.. er. wondering something," Serenity started, "when your band of pirates happened to plunder our ship, did they also happen to pick up with them my luggage?" She felt a bit embarrassed to ask, but she needed to know if she had a change of clean cloths for the next day. Mamoru pointed to a large pile of suitcases in the corner of his room, obviously brought to him from the recent raid. "If they took it, it would be in there," he stated still pointing. Serenity did not wait for an invitation she quickly ran over to the suitcases and frantically searched for her own. She grinned victoriously as she pulled out a yellow suitcase from the bottom of the pile. Mamoru watched her quite interested in the abnormal behavior of the young girl, yet of course it was only abnormal to him because he hadn't met very many ladies. Serenity opened her suitcase, carefully examining everything within it to make sure it was there. But there was something she didn't remember requesting to be packed. On the top of the pile of her clothing was a package carefully wrapped in silk with a small note attached. She gently took the package into her soft white hands, and glanced over the note. "I thought this would be a nice companion for you and would also help widen your horizons. Love, Miss Ami." Serenity couldn't help but laugh, if it was from Ami then surely it would have to do something with learning. She opened the package to find a pink-laced book with creamy white pages, along with a pen and ink. "Why that little," Serenity snickered, Ami knew her all to well and had sent her a diary! Serenity had forgotten that at the moment she was being observed by Mamoru, so she was a bit startled when he spoke. "What are you doing?" he asked peering over her shoulder. "Oh, um… personal tutor sent me a gift," Serenity explicated. "Isn't that nice of her," Mamoru commented, walking away and then lounging casually on an easy chair in the corner of the room. He once again picked up his book and started to read, yet every now and then he would glance at the young lady. "What are you doing?" Serenity put the gift down and came over to see what Mamoru was up to. "Just reading something," Mamoru commented, "you on the other hand, had better go to bed, before I send my panther after you." He smiled that malicious pirate's smile and Serenity shuddered a bit. She quickly picked up the suitcase and left the chamber heading down the corridor. Yet she noticed that she couldn't remember the way back. "Did I turn right, or left, or what?!" she pondered, becoming a bit nervous at the prospect of being lost. She looked all around her, but nothing looked familiar. She heard a rustling sound, and she looked up to see a swarm of bats coming over her. "They won't harm me, if I don't harm them," Serenity whispered, repeating what Miss Ami had told her. But Miss Ami as well as her home seemed so distant now, in this cold dark cave. The sound of growling could be heard from behind her, and Serenity did not dare turn around. She froze in her steps, and mustered up enough courage to turn around and see what was behind her. She was met by a pair of glowing green eyes, which belonged to a black panther in a pouncing stance. Ok, this chapter was not only pretty short, it was also a cliff hanger.. hehe….. I love cliffhangers. I hope you enjoyed it, and if I get a good response I'll post the next chapter hopefully before I go on my three-week vacation. Hope you are enjoying the story!