HAHA! I write again!! Been a while, ne? The Pirate and the Princess Chapter 6: Realizations The sun extended its warm fingers over the little island, which the pirates used as their secret base. Serenity slept on, however, for she was too deep in the cave for any of the light to reach her. Down here, the source of light came from the torches ornamentally hanging along the rough walls, the fire flickering from the drops of water falling the from the cave formations above. A young man with wavy brown slowly walked into the room and stared at the lady lying there with her blonde hair flowing around her like rivers of gold. His uniform was stiff and gray and his eyes filled with a mesmerizing intensity. He gently shook the lady, well aware that the only reason he was acting so timid towards her was that the master had demanded it. It seemed so odd, was their intrepid leader growing a soft spot, and if so, why now? The lady stirred gently, opening sapphire eyes brimming with immense beauty. The young man found himself at a loss of words. "Nephrite!" The resonant voice pierced his trance. He quickly looked up to see Kunzite, his higher in command. "Master wants to see her immediately," Kunzite boomed, leaving almost as quickly as he had come. Nephrite nodded and gazed back at the young lady. "You heard him," he stated, "let's go." "Wait!" she exclaimed, "might I not be able to freshen up and at least look presentable?" He paused to mull over what she had said, "Presentable," he thought, "how could you make yourself more presentable then what you already are??" The glazed looking in his eyes left and he looked up at her once more saying clearly, "Master's orders are master's orders. Would you like to experiment and see what happens when you delay the answer to his bidding?" Serenity firmly shook her head. "Good. Then you may live longer than I thought you would," he answered. "What's that supposed to mean??" the comment had ruffled young Serenity quite a bit. "Oh nothing," Nephrite grinned and began to walk, "Are you coming or not?" Serenity quickly pulled herself to her feet and began to follow. Her body felt stiff from the lack of proper bedding the night before. She walked slowly trying to keep her balance on the uneven floor. "Hurry up!" Nephrite ordered coarsely. Serenity quickened her pace. They trudged down several long corridors and Serenity was positive that if she were forced to find her way back again, she would fail miserably. Her eyes darted over every crack and stone, and her heart beat faster, she began to fear another encounter with the panther. Then she recalled that Nephrite was guiding her, surely he would not allow such harm to befall her. "Then again," she thought, "he isn't like a royal guard, he's a pirate, and he would easily allow it." They arrived in a enormous room with breathtaking rock features protruding from the walls, and Serenity could not suppress her gasp of awe. Mamoru sat in the corner, dining with several other pirates including Kunzite and Zoicite. She felt inclined to step forward, but for some reason she held herself back. Mamoru glanced up at her nonchalantly and then went back to dining and conversing with his men. "Well, we're here." Nephrite announced. The other men looked up. They gazed at Serenity, enchanted by her looks. Serenity felt embarrassment overtake her, for she had been stared upon by nobles and princes before, but never a bunch of pirates who were probably wanted dead by someone or another. Then she began to realize something that she hadn't thought of before. "How long do they plan to keep me here," she wondered in her mind, "Just for a while? Till someone retrieves me….. or….. or till I die?" Yes, it was short, I know….. but that's all I could think up right now. Please R and R.