Disclaimer: No, I don't own Sailor Moon. (Dramatic scene ensues where authoress is seen wiping her eyes with a tissue and that many tissues clutter the cold tile floor upon which she is sitting) I wish I did. As everyone already probably knows, I'm not making money off this story. Author's Note: My favorite part of the story, and I'm sure it's yours too. (Just joking.) So, what to say.. Oh yes! If you'd like me to email you when I update this fanfic, just email me at ladydemosthenes9@yahoo.com with the subject "The Pirate and the Princess" and tell me so. And I will. I promise. I look forward to receiving your emails (and reviews, ^_^) Sorry; I'm a sucker for reviews. I love hearing from everyone. So, let's begin the story! The Pirate and the Princess Chapter 7: Demando The sky was tinted a dark gray at the Louisiana wharf where many eager residents were anticipating the arrival of the French Princess, Lady Serenity. A bolt of lightning pierced the sky ensued by the low rumbling of thunder. Several people gasped. The same thought was in everyone's mind: What if the Princess is caught in this storm? The seas began to churn restlessly as a dangerous storm had begun to brew. The wind blew violently, whistling through the hair of the silver headed figure waiting at the front of the wharf. His eyes were steadily scanning the ocean for any sign of his arriving betrothed. From behind him, a quivering figure stumbled up. "Lord Demando," the fire haired man tried to find the words, "D.Don't you th. think we sh. should advise everyone to g.go. home? I m.mean a storm seems on its way. a. and they might. not even arrive until t.tomorrow." Demando stared back at him scowling, "They will arrive today. And I want everyone to be here to witness the beauty of my bride." The wooden planks under them shivered as if they were as apprehensive as everyone else about the storm. "But sir. I thought you said you were going to marry her and become king then do aw..." the other man started but a cold glare from Demando instantly silenced him. "Aw, mere technicalities my good friend," Demando answered casually, "and I would like you to learn to keep that mouth of yours closed in public." "Yes sir." From beyond the horizon a tiny speck could be spotted as it tumbled mercilessly towards the wharf. "That must be them now," Demando smiled maliciously. The small speck grew larger and larger as it inched its way closer to safety and away from inevitable peril. "Will they make it?" a worried young woman remarked. "I sure hope so," another commented, eyes glued onto the ship. The battered wooden vessel finally made it to the wharf and dropped anchor as men on the wharf struggled to tie the ship to a pole. Several seamen quickly jumped from the ship and to the safety of the wharf. The captain came down, trembling from the precarious conditions in the storm and from the fact that he would need a good excuse to explicate the abduction of the princess. Demando greeted him warmly as if he was someone of great importance, "Aw, good day, esteemed sir, may I commend you now for so heroically bringing your ship to the safety of this harbor and also bringing to me, my lovely bride." The captain nodded frantically, still shaking as he tried to look for the words to explain. "Well, I suppose she must be taking her time coming out," Demando commented trying to mask his growing impatience. The captain shook his head, daring not to speak. "What's wrong, dear sir?" Demando asked politely even though he wanted to sneer and say, "Did someone cut your tongue off you indolent fool?" One of the sailors approached them sadly, "Captain, the pirates took most of our food cargo I'm afraid." Demando looked up angrily and then grasped the captain by the shoulders. "You were attacked by pirates!?" Demando shouted angrily, "is her highness ok? Where is she anyways?! Answer me!!" The captain shook his head and pointed out to sea, still quivering. Demando pushed the man back and stared at one of the sailors. "Where is she?" he asked, trying to keep his voice calm. If Serenity had been kidnapped, then, his plan, his future, everything would be spoiled! "She was taken by the pirates," the sailor coughed out. Everyone gasped and began to whisper amongst each other in shock. Demando clenched his fist angrily almost ruining his brand new white gloves. "Tell me what you know!" he ordered, clearly frustrated by the situation. "It was Mamoru's band. we thought they never took prisoners, but. but they got her." the sailor explained hesitantly. His chiseled features depicted anxiety, "There's no one anyone could have taken them on. They were too good. why even the whole French navy.. No. the whole European na." Demando interrupted, "Stop blubbering, you fool and tell me where I can find my bride!" "I don't know. no one knows. it's a loss cause," the sailor muttered and then continued mumbling incoherently. Demando turned to face the public, straightening the creases of his new expensive jacket. "May everyone here be a witness to what I am about to say. I will not rest nor take part in fanciful pleasure until my bride is found. Mamoru and his band shall pay gravely for this inconvenience! In fact, Mamoru should have a hard time sleeping knowing that I am so diligently hunting his trail. I swear to all of you, that I will find him and exercise befitting justice towards that tyrant!" Demando's speech caused everyone to fall silent for a second. And then, simultaneously everyone broke out into waves of cheering. Demando smiled, contently. As several droplets hit his face, his eyes narrowed into a cruel expression. "Yes, Mamoru," he thought, "you shall pay dearly. And I will have Serenity back as well as the throne of France." <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Serenity just stood there, observing the men finish their eating. Once they had, Mamoru stood up and acted like he had finally noticed Serenity's presence. "Ah, I see our guest has arrived. Tell us, Miss Rich and Luxurious, what do you think of our humble abode?" She could tell he was making a fool of her when all his comrades burst out laughing. (What parallels can we see? Oh yes, in the beginning of the series where Mamoru always made fun of poor Usagi.) "I want to go home," Serenity answered boldly; however, the pirates twisted her words. "Aw, the poor little baby wants her mama!" one of the pirates shouted mockingly. "You won't be going home, dear, you might as well get used to it," Mamoru answered quite seriously, "unless, that is, they pay a fine ransom for your return. Then again, it would be more entertaining just to keep you here and watch you make a total fool of yourself." Serenity sneered, pushing back several locks of golden blonde hair, "I order you to let me go!" "Oh ho ho.." the pirates echoed. Mamoru's eyes narrowed, "You order me?" He placed his hand against his heart in a melodramatic manner, "Oh, forgive me! I did not realize you were that important! Or should I say stupid? To think you could order the leader of the pirates around when you are their prisoner!" Serenity flushed a deep red. She gathered her skirts and ran as fast as she could in the other direction. She didn't care if he sent his panther after her, she didn't care about the consequences; she couldn't stand being there in that room another second! "Oh look! She's running away!" Kunzite commented obnoxiously. Everyone laughed, except for Mamoru. He couldn't understand what this horrible feeling was overtaking him. Could it have been, guilt? And here we leave you for now. Remember, you can email me if you'd like to be contacted every time this is updated! My address is ladydemosthenes9@yahoo.com! Please R and R and tell me if you liked this chapter and if you'd like more. Thanks!